The key functions of the HSE Team are to:
- Develop, direct and support all business units in strategic health, safety and environmental practice to manage culture and compliance with relevant regulations and standards both within Australia and New Zealand.
- Lead the strategic development, operational implementation and assurance of the Integrated Safety Management System (iSMS). The iSMS is intended to be the single source of safety governance for Airbus and integrates Management Systems across both Operational (Aviation), Occupational (Health and Safety) and Environment domains to achieve a holistic approach across the company and serve as a baseline for implementation.
Airbus in Australia Pacific Health is certified to ISO45001:2018 and ISO14001:2015
This iSMS Framework has been developed in accordance with the applicable legislative requirements defined by health and safety legislation and standards and within the jurisdictions Airbus operates. The scope of the iSMS includes all parts/sub-parts of the following to achieve compliance and conformance applicable to Airbus:
1) Work Health and Safety Acts & Safety Regulations (Australia & New Zealand);
2) Civil Aviation Regulations (CAR);
3) Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR);
4) Civil Aviation Authority New Zealand (CAANZ);
5) Defence Aviation Safety Regulations (DASR);
6) European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA);
7) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Doc 9859 & ICO SMS Annex 19;
8) ISO14001:2015; and